Monday, January 2, 2012

I heart Zingermans!

I have to thank my dad for introducing me to Zingermans. Were it not for him, I probably would never have heard about their uber fabulousness. They are actually a deli in Michigan, but they have a huge mail order operation for feeding the hungry foodie masses, like me.

Oils, vinegars, honeys, cheeses, and breads are just a few of the yummy items one can order. There are food clubs as well, where you can get a box set of different items each month.

So far, we've had:

Sea Salt & Chipotle Caramels (yum!)
Il Mongetto Diavola Sauce
Iberico Dry Cured Ham (which we ate with melon and honey)
Corbezzolo Honey (ate with the melon and ham)
French Lavender Honey (heaven)
Boat Street Pickled Figs (paired with the below bread and cheese)
(Better Than) San Francisco Style Sourdough
Bridgewater (cheese)
Wild Mugolio Pine Syrup (also awesome with the sourdough and Bridgewater)
Fig & Walnut Confit (with the sourdough and Bridgewater as well)

And we have a few items we have yet to crack open as well:

Il Mongetto Mushroom Sauce
Saba Balsamic Syrup
Vinaigre de Banyuls

Yeah, you can say it. My dad is awesome! Mike particularly enjoyed the Pine Syrup with homemade banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment