Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pea Shoots

Hey, there. It's been a while. I have to be honest, it's not that I haven't been cooking so much as I haven't been taking pics. And I'm a terrible photographer so it's with that in mind that I'm not snapping images of every dish I make. Sorry.

The warmer weather may actually be finally coming (it's been eight long months of dreary crappy weather so far and I could really use an indication that summer is not going to pass Colorado by!). We planted seed pods and we'll see if this year we can get anything to grow.

My latest obsession thanks to the produce box are sprouts. I've been getting pea shoots and I have to say they are super yummy. I use them in place of regular salad greens with crab or chicken salad. Amazing.

So far these are the only ones I've been able to find to try, though. Sure I can get alfalfa sprouts, but I want the good stuff. I want microgreens: kale and mustard greens and tiny arugula. I want to try it all! I just can't find it. Until I can track them down or try and grow them myself, I'll be buying pea shoots every opportunity Door to Door Organics gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment