Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Culinary School of the Rockies Bake Sale

Saturday was not only the opening day of the Boulder Farmers' Market, it was also the Culinary School of the Rockies Bake Sale day. I arrived shortly after 12 to find they were already selling out of things! Not to fear, they were constantly baking and restocking items.

Most of what I made it home with was eaten before the day was out. Oh my GOD! I got some truly amazing pastries and cookies. You'll have to satisfy yourself with the picture of the remainders. Sorry, I can't share the actual cookies. They're too good.

They had fresh breads, brioche, fruit tarts, Easter cupcakes, Easter egg cake pops, fleur de sel caramels (salted caramel, so good!), strawberry French macarons, traditional coconut macaroons (monstrously sized, I might add), meringues, alfajores (the most spectacularly buttery sandwich cookie with ooey gooey caramel in the center), marshmallows, and much, much more. It was a bake sale to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment