Monday, April 26, 2010

Produce Delivery

We did get a delivery on Thursday, I just neglected to post. Sleep stuff. Work stuff. Stuff stuff. It's been an interesting week.

So our latest box contained:
1 avocado (already used in crab salad
Beets with tops (roasted the beets for our Moroccan dinner the other night, still have the greens)
Celery
3 cucumbers (made mango salsa topped cucumber snack one afternoon and used another in our cous cous with the Moroccan dish)
1 green leaf lettuce
1 pound yellow onions
5 bananas
4 Bartlett pears (have used some in Waldorf salads)
3 tomatoes (used them all up in Moroccan dish and cous cous)
4 Gala apples (used some in Waldorf salads)
1 local pea green sprouts (I'm in love with these! We ate them like salad greens, mine with crab)
4 Valencia oranges

So we're doing pretty good on using up this box. My Moroccan feast that I mentioned needs some work -- it was a fish tagine that was ok. I think my choice of fish was the wrong one. The dish really needed a mild fish without much flavor of its own. The veggies with the dish turned out pretty well, though, and I loved using my tagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment