Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hello again!

First off, if you're reading this, big thanks!

Now, my dilemma with this blog since day one has been this: I don't have pretty pictures. I have a good camera, but I'm not a good photographer. I take food pics for the blog (because all the food blogs I read have such great pics) and then agonize over how bleh they are.

My other issue has been the fact that while I cook a lot, I rarely have original recipes of my own and just linking kind of seemed like a cop out.

I've decided I don't care. I don't, not anymore.

Here's the thing, I have come to realize that I'm losing track of where my recipes come from and when I cook them. Then I sit, scratching my head, trying to figure out what that chicken dish from last month was and where I found the recipe.

That said, I'm also sending recipe recs to family and friends and then trying to track down the sent email and resend to someone new.

So, from now on, regardless of whether I've got a pretty pic or an original recipe, I'm going to use this as a log of meals. I'll link to recipes online or tell what cookbook I got them from if there is no recipe online. I'll also have any tweaks or changes I've made (so that mom can see if she tries it at home).

I'm turning over a new leaf and getting back on track, starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment