Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh, my goodness! Dr Pepper Pork!

To continue with the pork madness we had last week... I'd planned to make Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork the day she posted the recipe. I mean, what could be more enticing than a pork shoulder slow cooked in Dr. Pepper?!

I made a run to Herb's and they cut me a 4lb+ pork shoulder roast. Fortunately there was no bone so I chopped it in half and vacuum packed a portion for later. That was the hardest part of the recipe (by which I mean this is the simplest recipe in the world!). We ate it with flatbread (no tortillas on hand that night), roasted potatoes, and green beans. Yum! Mike had leftover sandwiches and we even did some nachos with it one day.

Note to Mom: the sauce is a bit spicy. I'm sure it would be just as tasty without the peppers or with less peppers. Maybe. I actually used a smaller can of chipotles, just because it was what I had on hand.

Ohh, and to Texas it all out, we can finally get Blue Bell here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment