Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Food Blog

So I've decided to add a food blog to my list. This is going to be in addition to my book blog -- I'll still be doing book reviews and stuff there, but I have to admit that I love food just as much as I love books.

I have food issues.

When I originally started playing with this idea, I thought I would actually do a blog about trying to get into shape and change my food habits. I'm bad at dieting. Inevitably I'll do something to screw it up. Last go around, I actually went and bought a Fry Daddy. It's still in the box, but the looming thought of the fried goodness that I could be eating was enough to send me running for the nearest drive through window I could find. So I thought that writing about it in a forum where people could see what I was doing (where I could see what I was doing in black and white and laid out before me) would help keep me in check.

Then I signed up for produce delivery. This is fantastic. I love it. I get a new box of fresh produce delivered to my door every other week. And for the next fourteen days I try to come up with new ways to use the ingredients inside.

Gradually, the idea of the food blog started changing shape. Without a concrete direction to go in with regards to diet or anything else, I've decided to just go for and make it a general food blog. A look inside my kitchen, if you will.

I'll talk about dishes I've made, both successful and not so much. I'll link to and provide recipes. I'll even talk about gadgets and restaurants and anything else food related that I want to write about (and this includes Top Chef and Food Network programming if I choose) .

I'm hoping friends and family will check this out and get inspired to play in the kitchen. I'm also hoping that it will be a learning experience for me as a home cook so that I can improve.

So, Truffles and Pistolettes, a place for me to talk about another one of my passions: cooking and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment