Sunday, March 7, 2010

Produce Delivery

Every other week I get a new box of mixed produce from Door to Door Organics. They're my grocery fairies (sorry guys, is there a more manly word I could use here? The delivery person is always a guy.).

Signing up for the delivery has helped me to get a little more creative in the kitchen and I'm hoping it'll eventually help my diet as well.

I have to admit here that I am not the healthiest person out there. Don't expect any sort of diet friendly trends on this blog. Inevitably, even if I have weeks where I have posts regarding seemingly healthy eating habits in my house, there will be chips, tons of butter, and real olive oil hiding in there somewhere, even if I don't tell you about it.

I have tried to lose weight. And have been successful at it. It's clear to me that I can't actually be trusted to make my own food decisions, though, because after I got off of the stringent eat-what-we-tell-you-for-each-meal diet plan, I gained the weight back. Seeing as how realistically I can't spend a lifetime on a diet like this (some folks can and more power to you, I just don't have the mental capabilities to do it long term, nor do I think I can actually do it again), I will have to figure out how to take care of myself at some point. It hasn't happened just yet.

But I think my produce delivery is a step in the right direction for me. I've definitely worked to incorporate each of the delivered items into our meals so that I'm not wasting anything, which means that we're eating a wider variety of fruits and veggies now. And it's really fun.

Here's what came in Thursday's delivery:

Avocado
Beets with tops
Celery
Red onions
Baby bunched carrots
Cucumber
Leeks
Romaine lettuce
Blood Oranges
Brauburn apples
Spinach
Bananas
Gold nugget tangerines
Roma tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment