Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Treppeda's

Saturday evening, we had the extreme pleasure of eating out at Niwot's Treppeda's with Mike's friends from The Cove. Niwot is a tiny little town just north of Boulder -- I actually worked in the area for about a year (less because the office relocated there partway through my employment), so I knew the area but not this particular restaurant.

It's like a little piece of Italian elegance hidden out there!

We started the evening at the bar with appetizers and drinks. There was an olive and smoked meat tray, bruschetta and marinated tomatoes, fresh bread from a local bakery, and calamari with made to order marinara.

Joe, one of The Cove posse told us that all of the ingredients are organic and they can tell you where everything comes from. This movement has definitely hit the Boulder eating scene hard and is a concern for some folks -- seeing as how all of these guys worked on a film about ocean preservation and pollution (essentially) it is important to them to know where the seafood comes from (there's an ap for that!).

After catching up and hanging out, we eventually moved on to our table (this restaurant is tiny folks so I would plan on getting there early or plan on partaking of the wine menu at the bar while you wait).

I had the Risotta Capesante e Zucca -- risotto with butternut squash and scallops. It was to die for. Creamy and sweet with three giant scallops resting in the center. Yum! Mike had the duck. I'm not normally a duck fan, but this was amazing.

Sorry no pics for you guys. I'm working on my photography skills -- I'm not sure the effort will be worth it since I've been a pretty sad case with a camera all my life (I used to decapitate people in pics regularly, when they were standing still. Go figure!).

Anyway, if you're in the Boulder/Niwot area, I'd definitely suggest checking out this place. It's intimate and the food is great. And on the Saturday that we were there, there was live music as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment