Friday, March 19, 2010

Produce Delivery


Yesterday was Produce Delivery Day! Yay! Here's what we got:

Avocado
Carrots
Red Onions
Eggplant
Rainbow Chard
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Banana
Murcott Tangerines
Braeburn Apples
Romaine Lettuce
Spinach
Valencia Oranges

I already have some things I'm thinking about making with this stuff. I'm totally loving eggplant right now. I have a crostini recipe that I may try (started a loaf of no-knead bread today for this). I'll keep you posted.

I did some interesting things with last week's box as well. The fruit we usually just eat. The beets got roasted for salads. I also made quite a few chopped salads this week (more on that later). The avocados went into salad and on these yummy burgers Mike made (mine had Pig Stand on it -- yum!). And then the spinach and the leeks both got turned into creamy dishes. I haven't perfected the creamed spinach, but if I can find a link for the leeks, I'll share it with you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment